Friday, February 25, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge ~ Day 17

I think I missed a day. Forgive me please! I'll just pick up where I left off, and not worry about making up for missed days. Maybe that means I "failed" the challenge? Oh well. Life goes on!

17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Ok, I realize that picture is kinda funny. But when my grandpa fell off a ladder in January, it was far from funny. He broke his femur up near his hip. Thank God it wasn't his hip, so his recovery has been pretty good. But, when he was in the ER from the fall, they found something else....
My grandpa had a spot on his lung. After some follow-up scans, they determined it is lung cancer. :(
The good news is that it is still small, and they should be able to operate, removing it completely, so no need for Chemo. We are praying that is the case.

But, needless to say, this has had a huge impact on me. It's my grandpa - the only grandpa I had growing up. I love him dearly and hearing about the ladder incident scared me soooo bad, then the lung cancer, I was even more scared for him.
Looking back over how this all happened, I've come to this conclusion: if Grandpa had NOT fallen off the ladder when he did, he wouldn't have known about the lung cancer for quite a long time - until maybe too late to operate. I now see the fall as a blessing in disguise, because it allowed the Dr's to find a more serious problem, and deal with it.
We've just got to trust God that He knows what He's doing. He's in control, and there's nothing that I can accomplish by worrying.


Here's a preview of what's still to come:
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture and a letter
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your favorite day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something you're afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...