Sunday, August 19, 2012

Road Trip!

My best friend's brother got married last night. I've known him since he was 4 years old; I was 5. So it was pretty crazy to be attending his wedding - but it was beautiful! The location was 3 hours away from our house, so we decided to make a weekend of it, and we booked a motel for Saturday night instead of making a 3 hr drive home at 9pm. :)

The wedding was gorgeous, the weather was fantastic (mid-upper 90's!) and everybody had a great time. The kids were surprisingly well-behaved, too! Monster only slept 30 min out of the 3 hr drive there... so he was TIRED by the time we arrived for the 4pm wedding. Sweet Pea had thankfully slept most of the way. But it was super hot, and Monster could not be convinced to drink his juice or water. He was so hot and tired and miserable. He got about 30 more minutes of sleep in my arms during the reception. When he woke from that nap, he decided to join the dance floor. :)

Ben requested a song from the DJ - "Sweet Child O' Mine", buy Guns & Roses. That is his & Sweet Pea's song. It was the song we played at her birth to announce her gender, and it is the song that he played while he danced with her every day for the first few months of her life (they don't dance every day anymore, but he still loves to dance with her to this song) <3 She was alseep when he played it, but that didn't stop this daddy from dancing with his daughter!

We left the wedding around 8:30 and headed back to the motel. As I was setting Monster down in the room, he vomited! Poor baby boy! This was his first time vomiting (aside from infant spit-up), so it was a bit traumatic, to say the least. We got him cleaned up, contacted management so they could clean up the floor, and then got both kids to bed. All I can say is thank goodness he didn't do that at the wedding or in the truck! He didn't have any fever, and I assumed it was just from the heat.

This morning he was feeling better (after sleeping in an air conditioned room all night long!) and we went out for a yummy breakfast. When we came back to the motel, we took advantage of the outdoor pool! Monster enjoyed it for about 35 minutes, then we headed back in to change clothes and check out.

We met my parents (who were also staying overnight for the wedding) for lunch before leaving town, and then took the scenic route back home. The view was much nicer than the main interstate we took on the way to the wedding. There was 1 spot we couldn't resist stopping. It was sooo pretty!

Sweet Pea was asleep in the truck. Don't worry, it was about 4 feet away. ;)

We were only gone for about 30 hours, but it felt so much longer (which is a good thing), and we had a great time!

~If you enjoyed this, don't miss any future posts! Please find a way to follow - options are over on the right side of the page. Don't forget you can also "like" the Urban Granola Facebook page, too! I'd love to see you back!~


Anonymous said...

Love the last picture! The trip sounded so nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...