I've decided that Ben gets to decide! :D
So after much thinking and debating, I just keep coming back to the middle. I finally told Ben that I'd weighed the pros & cons of each decision, and they are equal in my mind. So, it is on him now. My reasoning is that if we went team green (not finding out gender) he'd be the one getting the privilege & honor of finding out & announcing it to everyone. Totally special for him. But if he doesn't care about having that honor, and would rather know ahead of time, then he can choose team yellow (finding out gender). The 19 week anatomy scan ultrasound - the big one where they check the development of basically everything - is scheduled for June 28th. That would be our chance to find out the gender if we wanted to.
(Baby at the 11wk+4day u/s)
So Ben has until June 28th to make a decision one way or the other.... I am secretly hoping that he chooses to wait until the birth - because I would love for him to have that special honor, and I think I'd like the surprise. Even though I have always told myself and others that I could NEVER EVER be team green. LOL. Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time I eat my words!
But if we do find out, it's not the end of the world - because I could bond with the specific gender, do some planning, buy some clothes ahead of time (well unless it's a boy - I wouldn't buy a bit of clothing!), and of course buy some new diapers if it's a girl! :D